It has come to our attention that various international organizations or individuals have been offering false employment opportunities at Aecon Group Inc. These individuals will offer to fast track Canadian working visa applications in exchange for a payment. Such offers are fraudulent and intended to steal from the victims.
Aecon Group Inc. employment policies and processes in Canada involve personal interviews, and candidates who seek employment with us are never required to pay us any sum of money. To do so would be contrary to our business conduct guidelines and ethical practices. We take this matter extremely seriously and are working with the appropriate legal authorities to shut down such fraudulent schemes. Read more here
Quality training programs lay the necessary foundation for our employees to be well-prepared and well-equipped to perform their duties competently and safely. Across all divisions, Aecon implements a variety of health and safety training programs to help ensure our employees and supervisors understand our health and safety culture, and know how to implement our health and safety management system.
Aecon Common Core Supervisor Training
One of our key programs, Common Core Supervisor Training consists of 12 modules and takes 16 to 20 hours to complete. Modules within the program include:
- Aecon health and safety systems
- Occupational responsibility
- Orientation, education and training
- Hazard identification and control
- Workplace inspections
- Emergency planning, fire prevention and crisis management
- Accident, incident and near miss investigation and return to work
- Public safety, security and environmental protection
- Occupational health
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe work practices and procedures
- Traffic control, heavy vehicles and maintenance
Aecon also implements mandatory orientation and competency training programs for specific pieces of equipment and tools.
Senior Vice President and Chief Safety Officer
Phone: (416) 297 2600 x 3454
Mobile: (416) 452 3014