The Ethics Hotline is a way for Aecon employees and others to raise concerns or report wrongdoing. It is operated by an independent third party and offers you the ability to report anonymously, in full confidence and without fear of retaliation.
Who can use the Ethics Hotline?
All employees of Aecon, its joint ventures and third parties with whom Aecon has a business relationship (such as clients, suppliers and consultants) can use the Ethics Hotline if they have a concern or they observe wrongdoing by an Aecon company
What to Report
- Actions that are against Aecon’s core values
- Violations of the law or of Aecon’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, Supplier Code of Conduct or other policy
- Environmental, health and safety concerns
- Any activity that may be an indication of fraud, bribery or corruption
- Concerns related to accounting, internal accounting controls or audit matters
- Actual or potential retaliation as a result of reporting a concern or for assisting in an investigation
What Not to Report
You should not use this Ethics Hotline to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. If you require emergency assistance, please call 911 or contact your local emergency services.
You should also not use this Ethics Hotline to report “customer service” or similar type matters such as:
- Project durations or service timelines
- Operational impacts on public or private property
- Negative interactions with site workers
- Inquiries related to investing in Aecon
To report such matters, please contact Aecon’s Head Office:
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling 416-297-2600